Uses of Anonymity:
- Stay hidden when attacking a website or scanning it for vulnerabilities.
- Keep your browsing history/activity hidden when at work, school, library or even your family computer.
- Keep your IP ( Internet Protocol Address ) hidden from victims of a RAT (Remote Administration Tool) or a botnet.
- Bypassing ISPs service usage limits.
List of good Free VPNs:What is a VPN ?A VPN is an acronym for Virtual Private Network, it is a server that is used to connect to a LAN ( Local Area Network ) securely. VPNs will encrypt your connection information and hide your real IP from websites, people and it will keep your connection encrypted so you won't be able to get traced.
- Cyberghost VPN
- You must create an account.
- Download Link
- Pro XPN
- Create an account.
- Download Link
- Open VPN
- Open VPN requires configuration files. You add them to C:\Program Files\OpenVPN\config
- Hot Spot Shield
- HSS is OpenVPN based, you download the client and it will hide your IP.
Why are paid VPNs better than free ?
They are more secure and keep no logs. When free ones will keep logs and aren't as securely encrypted as a paid.
- BlackShades VPN
- Pretty much the best product line on HackForums, you can never go wrong with a BlackShades product.
- nVPN ( OpenVPN based )
- Amazing speeds and panel controls and really simple set up.
- Not known around HF as much, but it's good.
SOCKS is the internet protocol that makes it easier for packets to be routed between the client/server via a proxy server. The SOCKS protocol has a designated port, but is not limited to that port. This port number is 1080.
Socks will let you get by the network firewall, usually with schools or workplaces, they will have a block on the browsing you are allowed to do.
What is HTTP Proxy ?
A HTTP ( Hypertext Transfer Protocol ) proxy is kind of the same thing as a SOCKS 5, except the fact it using the HTTP protocol instead of the SOCKS protocol. When a browser is configured with a HTTP proxy, it just hooks through the proxy server and bypasses any firewall put in place on the LAN ( Local Area Network )
Web proxies and Proxy client/managerseb Proxies
SSH is the acronym for Secure Shell, it is an network protocol used to connect to Linux&Unix based machines. This will let you access the shell (Terminal) via a remote connection to the machine/server. The default port for SSH connection is 22.
SSH tunneling is using the SSH protocol to hook through the machine/server as you send a command through your internet, say loading Google, your machine will send the data through the "SSH Tunnel" and your IP will be hidden from the website. As your data is going through the "tunnel" it is encrypted using a Public-Key encryption.
MAC address is the acronym for Media Access Control address it's the unique identifier for a network interface. I like to think of it as the fingerprint of your connection.
MAC address spoofing is using a program (You can do it manually but program is much easier.) to change your MAC address so it doesn't leave behind your networks "fingerprint." Without doing this, you will never be FULLY anonymous.
MAC Address Spoofers.